Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My 2 Girls On Their First Raw

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Khaleeshi

Khaleeshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

https://www.facebook...&type=3  

The pitbull is Havanna and the GSD mix is Sookie

• jdatwood, Prey Model Raw, SuperPug and 2 others like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

So well behaved! That was their first raw meal? They just took right to it, didn't they?

Khaleeshi

Khaleeshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes in deed i fasted them a day before so they were really hungry.

Today i had a bit of a problem, they just dont want the lungs(beef) and Havanna take loooooong to finish her chicken quarter.... like 10 minutes... she licked it, crucnh it a bit then drop it ... and again and again. Any advide here?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Yes in deed i fasted them a day before so they were really hungry.

Today i had a bit of a problem, they just dont want the lungs(beef) and Havanna take loooooong to finish her chicken quarter.... like 10 minutes... she licked it, crucnh it a bit then drop it ... and again and again. Any advide here?

Lung is really a hard thing to feed....it's an odd consistency so a lot of dogs wont eat it. I save lung meat for the dehydrator as it makes fantastic treats. 

That said, if you just started them out on raw foods I would stick with just chicken for at least a week or two before adding anything at all into their diet. There is absolutely no reason to rush things as it can actually take a dog a few steps back in transition. Rushing into things is the #1 newbie mistake when it comes to raw. 

• Khaleeshi likes this

Khaleeshi

Khaleeshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

They are on week 5, they actually swallowed the lungs but now that i put bigger chuncks they wont eat it without help from me....I actually put the lungs 2 weeks ago and no problem in poop or with them eating it but last week lungs were bigger chuncks, ill prob just cut them in smaller pieces, I have a question with fish, i can buy chicken heads really cheap, and some complete little fishes but dont know the names in english, the heads are pretty big, like 900gr each and the fishies are about 400gr each. How much should i feed, and how often should they eat fish.?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Oh good! I thought this was just their first meal this week!

Lung is technically just connective tissue so it doesn't count toward the meat ratio of the diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO