Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Oregon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jocecancino

jocecancino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

My name is Jocelyn and I have a 14 month Rhodesdian Ridgeback whom I just switched to the raw diet exactly one month ago. It definitely has been a challenge, but so rewarding. Last night, I experienced my first 'vomit' but after doing some reading, I found out that he was regurgitating. Now I know for the future!

From day one, when I brought Harvey home, he was very weird about eating. Most RR are drive by food and well, Harvey just isn't. I would have to force him to eat the kibble and so many meals were skipped. Finally, I decided to get an allergy test done and learned so much! Harvey was allergic to EVERYTHING in the kibble. Ugh, so glad that my friend Amy introduced me to the raw diet and glad I stumbled upon this website today! You can never be over educated!

I do have one question-- Harvey is a PICKY eater.

On his allergy test, I listed he was eating kibble, because at the time, he was. It listed he was allergic to some of the meats. Now the difference between cooked and uncooked is drastically different correct?

Just looking to get a better variety for him, because sometimes he doesn't want to eat.

I'm looking forward to dissecting this forum and gaining as much info as possible!

Jocelyn 

• Prey Model Raw and Ilikebigmutts like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
First off, welcome!

He is a gorgeous boy ... Saw him on your FB. :)

Correct, many times dogs are allergic to foods in kibble, but when they eat the raw un-enhanced meats, they do just fine on them.

What has he eaten so far?

My boys used to play the don't want to eat card. When they would snub the food (kibble mostly) I would take up the food and they would get a chance to eat again at the next meal. Tough love, but if they are healthy, they won't starve themselves. :)

jocecancino

jocecancino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So far, I've fed him Chicken leg quarters and ground buffalo typically with ACV Coconut Oil and occasionally an egg. I randomly added in some pork and beef here and there. I wasn't sure about the allergy test and have done more research so I am starting to branch out. I tried to do the chicken hearts and livers, but that was a no go. I am getting ready to place an order to get some pork hearts beef liver k-9 tripe mix amongst other things. He seems to be getting bored of the chicken.  

• Prey Model Raw likes this

jocecancino

jocecancino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

10422160_10204317820536429_667243663281410527316_10204138384850649_768852733774910446002_10203992547204799_379192774731710322780_10203678537474752_8017655246925

• Prey Model Raw and Jordann like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Harvey is so cool! I think you are going to see a huge difference with raw! Ask all the questions you can!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I love RR!!! He's handsome. 

Keep us posted on how he does! 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
He is gorgeous!

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
Welcome! I have 2 R's, a 1.5 year old and a 6 month old, such great dogs! My older guy Samson also never wanted to eat kibble. It was a chore to get him to eat and his poo was always runny. We've been on raw for about 6 months now and he never misses a meal! No more runny poo either. I hope you see as much change with Harvey as I did with Samson :) if he's still not into chicken, try feeding him once a day if you're currently doing twice a day. That made a big difference for Samson, who at first was also bored of chicken.

Mine go nuts for heart, goat meat, lamb, beef and pork lung.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO