Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Small Patches Of Hair Missing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
My bully puppy has been on the raw diet for about a month now. She is currently on chicken quarters. I just started giving her 2 capsules of fish oil about a week ago. What could be causing these small bald spots. It's mainly on her hind quarters and inner thighs.
  • CurtisDaw likes this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
Were the bald spots there before or after getting fish oil ? if they were they before and are just patches of fur missing I would wait another week or so to see if it grows back. If not you can try coconut oil.

Our bully has missing fur but has bumps where the fur should be. don't know what they are, but he does itch quite a bit and has lots of patches in the same area as yours.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I would add in more proteins at this point.

It could be demodex mange. Has she seen a vet for it?

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok. Possibly start turkey now? I took her to the vet a few months back for her paw infection and the vet said the bald spots could be allergies. The vet I go to is against the raw diet...

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Erica. She had the patches before the fish oil. They looked like pimples/bumps. But they have gotten more wide spread within the last few weeks. How much coconut oil should I give her? I'm scared to add anything else because any minimal changes and she gets the runs.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Definitely start turkey now. I suggest using turkey necks to start

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
The high bone content in turkey necks will help firm poop up.

I know when one of my dogs gets too much chicken he begins to get itchy.

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
She's 52 lbs. 65-70 est full grown. Should I feed 2 lbs a day?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
That sounds about right, but let you dog be your guide

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I bought some drumsticks and turkey necks. Can I give her the bone on the drumstick? I deboned it for the first meal. I have her the bone by itself and she devoured it. I sprinkle a supplement called The Missing link, also.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I don't recommend deboning meat at all. Bones need to be fed surrounded by meat and not by themselves.

If she devoured the bone by itself, feed the leg whole

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok. So give her the whole turkey leg then. Is a turkey leg and a turkey neck too much bone?

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
How has her poop been? Runny, formed, crumbly coming out? That's is your best guide.

But that doesn't seem like too much bone, especially if she was having slight poop issues before. :)

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Jordann, her poop is pretty firm. It crumbles out at times. Before work she had a constipation spell followed by clear and soft diarrhea. I then threw her in the tub and scrubbed her down and she threw up after...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO