Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Did You Eat Today?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Here we had 2 pounds of frozen (free range, grass fed!!) ground beef.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Chicken quarters and FREE ground beef! (free is always good)! Tonight will be beef steaks and pork.

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I think today they are going to eat turkey quarters or wings. Our ground meat is all free ... The turkey tonight is actually free too! lol
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Mickey is eating half of a turkey leg in the morning, and chicken in the evening with a salmon oil.

Max has been eating roughly the same thing for the past month or so, a bony chicken/turkey/pork piece, and a mix of ground turkey, beef/pork heart, and chicken gizzards&heart. I vary it a bit each day, but he hasn't complained about this meal yet! XD

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
They got beef liver this weekend. Calvin wasn't enthused, so I had to put it at the back of his throat and hold his head up. He was pissy about that, until I made amends with some tri tip I was given. Then he forgot. lol

I need to pickup more chicken. They haven't been getting much chicken, because of all the free meat. We actually had less than formed poops last week, because I forgot to give them a bony piece of meat (sorry boys!). At our farm, they are also getting a drumstick opposite of their large meal, because they aren't able to wait until their next feeding. Could also be the fact that my mother-in-law feeds the dogs so much freaking food. Had to yell at her multiple times this weekend for feeding the kid and dogs crap food. But, those three didn't mind at all! lol No kibble was given to them, so I'm ok. :)

That blabbing is done ... Got a little carried away. lol
  • Erica likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Llama neck and spine bones with attached meat and some boneless pork loin.
  • Jordann likes this

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Chicken leg and tripe :) Little guys don't get big, fancy meals

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Tonight will be chicken quarters and beef stew meat. 

arie

arie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Tonight is chicken quarter again. Nothing fancy until the brat has normal poo again.
  • Jordann likes this

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Turkey and some chicken liver here :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
We were at the farm this weekend, so in the morning they got a drumstick and beef liver (Calvin wasn't happy with the forced liver, and only ate half of his drumstick) and for dinner they had elk. They're too dang active out there, for just one meal. Also helps curb the begging the in-laws have created ...

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I added a handful of chicken hearts to their meal last night, of chicken quarters and beef stew meat.

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Tonight Mickey will have about a third of a chicken carcass, I would give him the whole entire thing but I'm not entirely convinced he WILL self regulate. I have another fryer I can give when I have more time to really watch him and take it away IF he had too much lol.

Max is getting a leg quarter, pork tongue (!), beef shank meat, and organs :)

• Jordann likes this

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Turkey, and a bit of liver. We are stuck in the chicken and Turkey rotation, though I am going to add in some of his beef premade soon. It was actually the first thing raw He ever had, so I anticipate it going well.

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Mickey tried mackerel and loved it, poor Max is going through something right now and diarrhea'd inside the past 3 days. Maybe too many proteins/new pieces at once?

Going to first try out feeding one protein only per meal to pinpoint what it is and go from there.

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Part of a chicken thigh tonight

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Beef premade yesterday. He has had it a few times now and doing wonderfully with it, and I'm not gonna lie, giving him a quick measurable portion was a nice break in my "measuring for a tiny dog" routine. :)
  • Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Haven't decided today ... Quarters for sure, yesterday was all meat, no bone.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Tonight was just quarters ... Was supposed to be 3 for Tank and 4 for Calvin, but Tank is an ahole and the entire town knows it now.

Went out to feed them a quarter, and was going to feed them some boneless as well, but the chicken had a funky smell, so they got the last 7 ... I was going to stand out with them, so Tank wouldn't be an ass but had to wash my hands and get rid of the nasty bag. I was washing up and I look out to see Tank posturing towards Calvin, so Calvin dropped his quarter to posture back. I opened the door and yelled Tank, don't be an asshole! (he definitely understood :) ) Calvin backed down and went back to eating, but Tank swooped in and took a quarter. So I ran outback, barefoot, screaming at him to leave Calvin's food alone. Of course he ran to the far back corner before I got close enough for him to drop it. Then Calvin wouldn't take it because I was yelling like a banshee on the way out. Finally got Calvin to take the quarter and daintily munch on it. Then I kept Tank off of his other quarter, and coaxed him to get it. Went back in to wash again, and freaking Tank found a thigh Calvin hadn't finished.

He never does this, but they really like ripe meat apparently. lol

There was my fall from grace moment. Should have just dealt with the smell, and it would have been fine. :)
  • Erica likes this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

:lol:  Your boys crack me up Jordann

Mick had fish again and a bit of beef heart. We're starting organs this weekend already! :)

Max had some duck bony pieces and a beef teste. :o I found him "playing" with the teste, and no you perv, he had dragged it over the backyard and was barking at it, he does that when he doesn't know what I'm feeding him (I ended up cutting it in half for him lol and he ate it, he's such a diva sometimes >.>) Now that I know he's been secretly pooping in the corner I can cut down on his bone intake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO