Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Smelly Dog

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jimmyzetino

jimmyzetino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
My french mastiff is 4months and has been on raw since he was 8weeks. It seems like we've been having to bathe him more often, before it was maybe once a month and now it seems like we have to bathe him every two weeks. And his breath is bad sometimes. And recently his ears have been smelling too. Should i worry, are those signs of some health issues? I clean his ears with Apple cider vinegar and it doesn't seem to be helping.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

What does a weekly or monthly menu look like for him? It may be something to do with his overall meal plan.

jimmyzetino

jimmyzetino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ive been feeding him nothing but chicken quarters.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Considering he's had nothing but chicken quarters for the past 2 months, I am not surprised that he's stinky and has bad breath. A well balanced raw diet consists of at least 3 different protein sources, one of which must be a red meat like beef or pork. Organ meat is also an essential part of the diet that should be fed daily in very small amounts OR larger amounts fed once a week or two. 

Poor skin and coat are the first sign of an unbalanced diet. I would start to transition more proteins and cuts of meat into the diet as well as organs so that his diet is complete and balanced. 

Read through the getting started guide for more information, and come back her with any and all questions you might have!

• Jordann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO