Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Got Deer!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Have the deer farts calmed down, Jenny? Or have you guys just acclimated? :lol:

I think we are just living with them at this point! lol! I don't remember them being as bad earlier this week, so maybe we have just acclimated! Ha!! 

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Hubby brought home the bones and scraps from his mom and dad's, last night ... Today Tank got a section of ribs and spine with lots of meat on it, and Calvin got some spine, or maybe a hip? He's not thrilled with me, because he actually has to work for his food. Tank dropped, right where I gave him his food and happily munched away ... Didn't realize I left, he was so happy with his portion. Calvin chewed for a little bit, but kept coming to see if I would give him something different. Then to make sure Tank wouldn't take his food, he peed on it and began chewing it again. They are so gross some times!!! He's been actively working on it, so I'm not taking it up, but he's not getting the chicken drumsticks I had thawed either. I don't do picky Petes here. :)

As for nasty gas, what gets me is when Tank eats something less than fresh, he ALWAYS saves his burps when I bend over to love on him ... A hole. :)
  • naturalfeddogs and arie like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Aussie pees on really big deer parts we throw out in the yard for them too! I thought he was the only one who did that!! I'm glad he's not!

And Tank's burps are just "love burps" He's burping "thank you"! It's his way of sharing! lol!! :lol:

• arie likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Oh yay, you have a nasty a hole too! :lol: Calvin stashed his meaty piece, but it looks like Tank snuck out and stole it. :lol: Calvin is goingto have to learn to eat his food and not save it. I checked his mouth and nothing is wrong, he's just lazy.

I'd rather Tank keep his thank yous to himself. :)
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I found out recently that we are legally able to pick up road kill dear here! So we've managed to salvage one so far, and of course.....I scour the roads wherever I drive now! 

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I'm so jealous! It's a major fine and jail time here. :(

arie

arie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Um...newbie question time again: this time I'm getting some free elk. Is elk similar to deer? Would I have to transition Abby into as if I were starting a new protein or is it similar enough to deer to just jump right in?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I've never fed elk, but I would think they would be somewhat similar. If it were mine, I would just jump right in with it, but know your dog and how sensitive or not they are to new proteins. If you have done fine on red meats so far, you will probably be ok. If you aren't sure you can always add  something with bone to feed along with it.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Very, very similar. Same with moose.
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO