Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello! Some Advice, Please. **updates!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JessnJessie

JessnJessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA
Hello!

New members here. :) but not entirely new to raw feeding. I work with dogs and I see how their diet effects them. The ones on raw are so healthy and pretty! I feed my 3 pomeranians (20lbs, 10lbs and 9lbs) and 4 cats raw. I get my food from my coworker. It's a mix, mostly chicken, but also has different parts beef, turkey, fish, and also eggs. It seems to be a good quality food even though it's ground. I wonder if I could feed them better? Also I may be moving and hour away and won't be able to get the food from the same place anymore.
After reading some other topics on here I thought about my dogs poo and it seems pretty dry. Which I see is to much bone? I have given my dogs chicken wings and legs before, which they did great with. No upset tummies!
So my question is since my dogs are used to raw food and I want to start giving them differant things, where does everyone suggest I start? Thanks for reading! :) I have questions about my cats, so I will make a separate post in the morning! :D
  • SurraTazy likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Great to have you! For your size dogs, I would start with bone in chicken like wings or necks. If poops seem a little to dry, you can alternate bone in and boneless meals. After a bone in meal, make the next boneless, with chicken breast strips. 

There is a really good getting started guide at the top of the page as well, which is very helpful also.

• SurraTazy likes this

JessnJessie

JessnJessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Welcome! Great to have you! For your size dogs, I would start with bone in chicken like wings or necks. If poops seem a little to dry, you can alternate bone in and boneless meals. After a bone in meal, make the next boneless, with chicken breast strips.

There is a really good getting started guide at the top of the page as well, which is very helpful also.

Thank you! 8D I did read the getting started page, but since my doggies were already eating raw, I wasn't sure if I should start the same way. I can do the bone in wings or necks and boneless first. They are going to love this and be so happy! :)
  • SurraTazy likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
We recommend to start with the getting started guide even if they eat raw already, but since your pups are already eating raw, you should be able to go through the process faster than a dog who is coming from kibble. My boys had eaten raw meat before quite regularly, and they handled the transition well, so we were able to go through the process pretty quickly. :)

Welcome and keep us posted on the progress!
  • SurraTazy likes this

JessnJessie

JessnJessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA
Ok. That makes sense! Thank you! It will be a little while before I start. I think I will after the move and they can keep eating what I have until then. Thanks again. I will be back with their progress! :)
  • Jordann and SurraTazy like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I look forward to seeing their progress! :)

JessnJessie

JessnJessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA
Hi, so I started my dogs on wings. They have been doing great! Hopefully I can get pictures and figure out how to upload them. :)
  • Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Glad they're doing well! Keep us posted! :)

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
That's great! Keep up the good work!

JessnJessie

JessnJessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA