Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Kids!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PawsUp

PawsUp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Jäger (Dobe) is the first picture and he will be 10 months old in a week.
Mikah (Bouvier) is the second picture and will be 11 years old in August.
Israel (Rat/Toy Fox) is the last picture and will be 11 years old in July.

They have now been on raw for all of 5 days! I'm so hoping that this diet will help my old kids with joint and skin issues.

Attached Files

• CurtisDaw, CharlesMura, CurtisCiz and 7 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Very gorgeous kiddos you have! Are the older boys (?) doing well on raw too?
  • PawsUp, CurtisCiz, FrancesMep and 6 others like this

PawsUp

PawsUp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks so much!

Mikah (girl) is showing more interest in life than she has in quite awhile! She has been challenging over the years with chronic yeasty infections. She is on prednisone currently to help with her hips which are giving out in her. She has been so excited to eat that she attempted (unsuccessfully) to jump up for the first time in years! This gives me hope.

So far Israel is doing good as well. I haven't noticed much change in him yet but we are just getting started!
  • Jordann, CurtisCiz, FrancesMep and 5 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
GimMom's dog, Gimli, had horrible yeasty issues, but raw seems to have helped him out quite a bit. She can tell you all about his issues ... Think he may be in the success stories section as well.

My hound didn't eat every day, when on kibble, and half of the time wouldn't go with me to get the kibble. Since starting PMR, he now sprints to me, and jumps in circles, because he gets so excited about the food. The boys play so much more now, it's great!

Connective tissue and cartilage is great for joint support, as well. Tank (83 lb boy) has mild hip dysplacia, but since having been on PMR,he is able to go for super long walks, and doesn't limp the next day, like he did before. This diet is so amazing! :)

Hopefully Mikah continues to improve!
  • PawsUp, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 4 others like this

PawsUp

PawsUp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Those are the things I was hoping to hear! We had a very rough period with Mikah about a month ago where she couldn't stand. She would literally scream if we attempted to help her. The vet seemed to think she had a pinched nerve. :( that's when I decided that I had better attempt to do more for her. We lost 3 of our furry kids last year and I'm hoping that this diet will give us more time with her. We rescued her when she was 9 months old and a physical and emotional mess. I wish I had known back then about the pmr diet....it may have saved her from years of vet trips attempting to just manage.
I'm so happy to hear that your Tank has improved to that level. This helps me to be even more determined!
  • FrancesMep, aqweriz, fulikiji and 3 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I felt guilty when I first started, especially seeing how well they did almost immediately, and seeing how much they love the food. The best part of the change, for me, has been Calvin (my hound). On kibble he would have diarrhea at least 1-2 times a week, no matter how expensive the food was. Literally, from day one, Calvin has had firm poop and we haven't had a bout of diarrhea yet ... Just got into our fourth month of raw. There have been two mucous-y poops, but I am not sure who it was from, and it was when I introduced pork (or beef) and then again with liver. But it was only the first day of those things being introduced. I tell everyone I know about this diet. lol

We can only move forward from here. Mikah will do great on this diet! Keep us posted on her progress! Your boys too!! :)
  • PawsUp, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 3 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Gorgeous group of dogs! 

• PawsUp, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO